Cardboard packaging is one of the most common and frequently used materials today. It’s used in commercial industries, retail, food and drink and many more other business sectors. Thanks to its strength, durability and customisable qualities, it’s become a favourite packaging material amongst us all.
One of the great things about cardboard boxes is that they can be completely recycled and used again to make other cardboard products.
Here are some interesting facts about cardboard and recycling you may not know of!
Did you know?…
- In the UK, cardboard has the highest recycling rate compared to any other packaging material in the world.
- Approx 2 million tonnes of waste is recycled each year from cardboard.
- Cardboard is easier to recycle than it is to make.
- Recycling a ton of cardboard saves 700 gallons of water, 46 gallons of oil, 9 cubic yards of refill space.
- Approx 90% of products are shipped in cardboard.
- Recycling cardboard only used 75% of the energy needed to make new cardboard.
- As it stands, cardboard is the most environmentally friendly packaging solution available on the market.
- Recycling a cardboard box into a new cardboard product can take as little as 14 days.
- Recycling saves 390 kWh of energy!
- In the UK, an average family throws away 6 trees worth of paper each year.
Categorised in: Corrugated
This post was written by admin